A new era of sustainable supersonic flight
1,000MPH – 150% faster than today’s fastest business jets
The future of luxury – reimagining the business jet
Designed to be the most environmentally responsible aircraft in history, carbon neutral from flight one
- Aerion AS2 completes wind tunnel testing – amassing the equivalent of 78,000 nautical miles flown | Read Press Release
- Extensive low and high-speed testing program allows Aerion engineers to assess more than 200,000 in-flight data points
- Combination of advanced digital modelling and physical model-based wind tunnel testing allow Aerion to fast-track development program ahead of 2023 production start
- AS2 will operate at a top speed of Mach 1.4 (1000mph)
- Where regulations allow supersonic flight without a sonic boom reaching the ground, the AS2 will operate in the Boomless Cruise™ autopilot mode between Mach 1.0-1.2.
- Boomless Cruise™ takes advantage of a well-known atmospheric phenomenology called Mach Cut Off where the sonic boom refracts off denser, warmer layers of air.
- Aerion is collaborating with Spire Global who offer incredibly accurate weather tracking and predicting solutions through its proprietary constellation of satellites.
- Spire Global will provide high fidelity weather models that will be coupled into the Aerion’s Boomless Cruise™ technology to compute an optimized flight plan where the AS2 can be flown at supersonic speeds.
- Aerion and Honeywell are collaborating on a new revolutionary avionics and connectivity suite for the AS2 incorporating Honeywell’s next-generation, state-of-the-art flight deck and Forge platform. All aspects of the new avionics suite will support supersonic flight and Boomless Cruise™ operation.
- Sustainable luxury design
- Aerion proprietary seating
- WhisperQuiet™ cabin and Purity™ climate control
- High-speed connectivity and immersive environment
- Integrated digital lifestyle with instinctive user interface
- Full spectrum OLED lighting
- Complete kitchen functionality with advanced appliance suite
- No incremental reduction in emissions by a future date – we are committed to carbon neutral operations from flight one
- First aircraft designed to accept 100% engineered synthetic fuels
- AS2 constructed at Aerion Park a new state-of-the-art facility powered by sustainable technology
- We have partnered with Carbon Engineering to pioneer a new sustainable fuel, using technology to address climate change